Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.Genesis 18:18-19
God is the author of the family. The first man really didn’t have or see a need in his life, but God saw his lonesomeness and decided to give him a companion. No matter how well trained a pet animal might be, they cannot take the place of a human companion (Female and Male) in the life of man and woman. God did not make another Man for Adam but a woman for him, COMMANDING THEM TO MULTIPLY…GROW
Woman…The WOW MAN!
- The family is God’s idea no matter what this generation think or say. Your wife is not an accident…YOUR WIFE IS YOU! She came from you.
- A generous family never lacks, open your heart and your doors.
- Anything worth possessing is worth sharing.
- That sit you are sitting on alone can accommodate another person IF YOUR HEART SAY SO!
- In the family there is order, someone takes responsibility for the family
- The future is not against you, its for you.
- Family is not a place, house…it is where the heart is!
- Everyone in the house, the wife and husband, children, cooks, helps, all comprise a family.
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.Joshua 24:15
You have to serve someone or something. Set God-rules in your house and stand by it! Serving the Lord in your family is a choice!
Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Submit unto YOUR HUSBAND, not the community Husband.
Men, do not make slaves of your wives. Husband Love thy wife. There are CLEARLY SHARED RESPONSIBILITY to all parties in the family
- Give no room to side chicks. SAY No to baby mama
- A spirit of bitterness springs up trouble! Matured men talk things over. They resolve issues.
- A Godly family is guided by the Word of God. FAMILY CARES/ LOVE
We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts: what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for?Song of Solomon 8:8
There is something about family. Family shares their victories and challenges together. Family shares thoughts. When we are together we solve problems.
And Jesse said unto David his son, Take now for thy brethren an ephah of this parched corn, and these ten loaves, and run to the camp to thy brethren; A father Unifies! He does not set a child against another. And carry these ten cheeses unto the captain of their thousand, and look how thy brethren fare and take their pledge.1 Samuel 17:17-18
Do not live tiny lives. Things you do for others many times return as a reward. Invest in your children.
David therefore departed thence, and escaped to the cave Adullam: and when his brethren and all his father’s house heard it, they went down thither to him.1 Samuel 22:1
Family is where the heart is. When the chips are down, blood is thicker than water. Love your family.
And David went thence to Mizpeh of Moab: and he said unto the king of Moab, Let my father and my mother, I pray thee, come forth, and be with you, till I know what God will do for me.1 Samuel 22:3
Do not be nasty to your spouse, encourage one another. Speak nice words to one another. Soft answers turn away wrath. Appreciation is the grease that moves the wheel of life.
Family shares their victories and challenges together. Family shares thoughts. When we are together we solve problems.
January 4, 2020
December 12, 2019
November 6, 2019