TEXT: ROMANS 11:33-36
We serve a sovereign God. He is the creator of all things. He controls all situations. He is accountable to Himself and not to anyone. Not to any political or economic structures. He is God. God’s thoughts towards us are awesome We can hold our peace in the midst of the storm and turmoil because we trust in Him who is able to do all things.
This is the season when Christians must witness to God’s unfailing love and his infallible word. The thoughts of God towards us are his plans for us. When the promise was made to the Jews, they were in exile. All hope was almost gone. Many had settled down and forgot about their homes. But God declared that their exile was for a short while. All they had to do was to call upon Him.
God’s thoughts are governed by his righteousness, grace, and mercy. He restores or regenerates through the agency of His work. There is a pandemic. Yes. There are economic and multiple crises in the world today. Yes. But none of these take our God by surprise!
- Witness to His Infallible Word and unfailing love.
Psalm 92:1-5; Jer 29;11; Isaiah 26:3-4; Isaiah 40:13; Jer 1:5; Matthew 10:29-31
At this season we must not only believe the word of God and accept his promises, we must also be witnesses of his unfailing love.
- Be thankful at all times – Psalm 92:1
- Acknowledge that His Thoughts are deep – Psalm 92-5; Isaiah 40:13; Matthew 10:29-31
- He has settled our future – Jer 29:11
- Our Thoughts Towards our Neighbours
1 Cor 2:14-16; Col 3: 16; 1 John 3:16
When we keep to official health instructions – washing our hands, using sanitizers and wearing nose masks — we are having good thoughts towards our neighbours and showing them love. We go beyond that by practically demonstrating our love by our life and deeds.
- We have the mind of Christ – 1 Cor 2:16
- Know the word, do the word and teach the word – Col 3:16
- Love like Christ – 1 John 3:16
- God’s Thoughts Are Not Men’s Thoughts
Psalm 139: 16-17; Isaiah 55:9-11; Ephesians 3: 17-19
- God’s thoughts are precious — Psalm 139:16-17
- God’s thoughts are not the thoughts of men – Isaiah 55:8
- God’s love is beyond knowledge – Ephesians 3:19
We have a sure word from the Lord that this is our year of blossoming even in desert situations. When this word came there was no desert in sight. Now the desert of multiple crises has arrived to prune us. The word of God is true. We shall blossom even in this situation. This means you will get through it successfully and you will not only get through it you will do so with new ideas and new blessings.
Memory Verse: Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
May 19, 2021
April 21, 2021
March 10, 2021