TEXT: ROMANS 10:1-15
The first step to receiving the free gift of salvation by anyone is the genuine acceptance that every one of us is a sinner without a relationship with Christ. Such an individual is lost without Christ.
He must know that Jesus has paid the total sacrifice needed for his redemption and thus accept Him as Saviour of his soul. The willingness to receive salvation should drive such a person to sincere repentance of sins. He should, therefore, come boldly unto the throne of grace and obtain mercy and grace for salvation.
He should receive the offer by believing in his heart that God raised Him from the dead for our justification and confessing Him as his lord and master. It is an act of grace through faith and not by works.
1) Acknowledge your sins: Rm. 3:23; I Jn. 1:8-10
2) Know your status without Christ: Rm. 6:23; Eph. 2:12; Pro. 1:24-27
3) Acknowledge the sacrifice of Jesus as the propitiation for your sins: Rm. 5:7-8; I Pet. 2:21-25; Rm. 3:24-25
4) Repent of your sins: Is. 55:7; Ps. 32:5-6; Pr. 28:13
5) Come boldly unto the throne of grace: Heb. 4:16; Is. 1:18-20; Eph. 2:18
6) Believe and Confess the Lord Jesus Christ to receive your salvation: Act 16:31; Jn. 3:15-16; Rm. 1:16-17, Rm.10:9-10
Romans 10:9 ”That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
January 13, 2021
January 6, 2021
December 2, 2020