TEXT: TITUS 2:1-15
Last week, we discussed the first part of the roles of the parents raising a family. Today, we shall conclude the discussion on parental roles and responsibilities in the family.
Roles discussed last week included;
- instituting godly traditions in the home
- providing for the needs of the children and other dependents
- Applying the rod of correction whilst not provoking the children to wrath.
The roles to be discussed today in raising a family include the need for parents to teach young men and women godly virtues. Actions of parents should foster unity among members of the family. Most importantly, all members of the family (nuclear and extended) should be led to the living God.
From the scriptures below, discuss further roles of parents in the family:
1) Tit. 2:1-5; I Tim. 2:9-10; I Pet. 3:3-5; I Pet. 3:1
2) Ps. 133:1-3; I Sam. 17:17-18; Gen. 37:3-4
3) Gen. 35:1-7; II Cor. 5:18-20
“In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity.”Titus 2:7
July 8, 2020
June 3, 2020
May 13, 2020